In my last post I talked about finalizing your PLR report in order to get it ready to sell or giveaway to your customers. If you are following along you should have your report saved as a PDF report.
Now depending on whether you want to sell or give away your report you have two different options. First let’s deal with giving away your report for free, as this is a quicker process.
Adding as an Attachment
This will be the quickest and easiest method for you and can be done with any free gift, unless the file size gets too large.
If you have Getresponse or Aweber you can simply attach your report to send out with your email. See the screenshots below for where to find how to add your attachment in both services, Aweber then GetResponse.
Then you simply finish writing your email and your report will now be sent as an attachment. There is another way to do this as well and it can be done with Dropbox. Get yourself a free account and then upload your report into a folder named gifts or something similar inside your public folder.
Then right click and click share. This will open a link into a new tab on your browser with all the files that are located inside your public folder. Then go to your report and click share again and a link will be visible. You also have the option of setting an expiry date for this link if you wish to do so.
Copy the shareable link and paste it into your email and send.
Uploading Your PLR Report to Your Hosting Account
This is a step that tends to scare a lot of people and makes them avoid actually selling their content. It is actually not that difficult to do at all.
- Log into your hosting account and navigate to your Cpanel.
- Then go to File Manager.
- If you have several domains you will want to select the correct one and open that.
- This will display a page that has folders and lots of icons.
- I like to add a new folder where I will store all of my gifts as it makes it easier to find as you start to add more.
- Click on the add folder icon on the top menu bar.
- Name your folder – some web hosts will automatically add an index.html file while others don’t.
- If you need to add one then click on New File and name it index.html, that’s it. This just helps to make it harder for anyone to find the links to your files.
- Stay in your new folder.
- Click on the Upload file – find your report on your computer and upload it.
- A new page will open and it will say complete when finished.
- Your report is now uploaded to your server.
While in this folder you want to copy the path to your folder.
I usually type this out into Evernote or a notepad file then copy and paste it into my browser. If the file starts to download I know I have the right path, if not check the file path and try again. Keep in mind file paths are case sensitive.
Save your file name as you will need it for your sales page. I have created a Notebook in Evernote where I keep all of my links so I can share them at any time.
In my next post I will talk about a couple of different ways that you can create a sales page and add that wonderful buy button to your report.
Hope you enjoyed this report.